Thursday, February 05, 2009

Want to know more about the target of Christian Bale's rant? Meet Shane Hurlbut
Posted: February 04, 2009, 11:54 AM by Mark Medley

One of the more interesting responses occurs when Hurlbut talks about making a mistake on one of his first jobs:
HURLBUT: A cinematographer gave me a break by hiring me as his gaffer on a 7UP commercial. To be totally honest, I didn’t know how to read a light meter. He gave me another job on his next commercial for Mattel. I made a mistake and set the exposure wrong and we were two stops overexposed on an important exterior scene. He sat me down and talked to me, and then told the client and director what happened. I’ve never forgotten that experience. It was a process of learning under fire.

Apparently, Hurlbut was an idiot from the start. He got what he deserved. He probably thought he was badass for working on a major film.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?