Sunday, July 10, 2005

What day is it? I've lost track of time. Went out last night to Gordon Biersch at the Aloha Tower for my ritual martini tribute to my late sister. We were going to go to the W hotel's nightclub, but decided to check out Chai Bistro right in front of the tower. It was much better because it was full of locals and very few tourists. It was a lot of fun and it was great to be among other Asians that out numbered the haoles and other minorities. I think I only saw one black person. We went to the Liliha Bakery at 2 am. It's an old school greasy diner that's open 24hrs. There is only a counter to eat at and since it's a "locals only kine," most people don't know about it.

During the day on Saturday, we walked part of the Aloha Swap Meet. It rained off and on which was great because it was hot. We also went to 99 Ranch Market. Okay, it's not like I've been to one on the mainland, but this one has a gigantic food court. It also has more little shops because they built the market inside a large hangar. I did wonder how one prepared "duck tongue." I saw this package of duck tongues...a first for me...and was bewildered. I mean, does one just come out and say, "Gee, I'm in the mood for duck tongue today."

My friend Deb leaves today, so I'll have a chance to do some serious trekking around town. At least I won't have to go out and eat, drink, and be merry any more. It's all out of my system. Still no signs of Michelle Pfeifer.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?