Thursday, July 07, 2005

It would sure suck to be somewhere other than paradise. The weather here on Oahu has bee great. Every once in a while it rains. A friend of mine has a convertible bug and it has been fun driving around the island in it. I think that will be my next car. I haven't laid out on a beach yet, but I still have time.

I ran along Kailua beach today. Someday, I'll be able to run on it everyday. There's a small beach community called Lanikai. Apparently, Michelle Pfeifer owns a house out there. We ran the loop yesterday and every woman I saw, be they old, fat, young, or other, well except for Asian, I kept telling my friend Deb, "It's Michelle Pfeifer," or "It's Michelle Pfeifer's sister or mother, or brother." The area is predominantly "haole" (in this context, semi-derogatory for whitey), and some of them are so snotty and walk with an attitude. Especially the leathery faced haole women. It's funny how one race thinks they are the dominant one in this little area. Strange things have happened in the past, and the Goddess Pele could toss some lava at them...well everyone except Michelle Pfeifer.

It's been hot over here, but not as hot as it was in Kona. I was sweating like a pig. Not only is it hot over there, but humid also. It's a nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?