Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Well, I made it home. My only regret is that I didn't bring back any egg rolls from King Egg Roll. This place is an institution that has been around for years, yet I only discovered it two years ago. Everytime I'm in San Jose, I stop in and get food to go. The place reminds me of a hole in the wall in San Francisco's Chinatown.

Another ritual stop is Gombei in Japantown. The food is still cheap and we were lucky to be waited on by a new transplant from Japan. She was friendly and smiled a lot, not like the bitter old Japanese ladies that still work there. But the idea is to "get'em in, get'em out" mentality of dining. We kinda got the evil eye as we sat and talked while two tables had come and gone .

Believe it or not, I also saw The Perfect Man while I was up there. My niece is a big fan of Hilary Duff and she wanted to see it. It wasn't a bad movie, a little predictable, but I felt it was a good family movie. There were references to some 80s bands that had me, and most of the parents in the theater, laughing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?