Wednesday, July 07, 2004

My new name is Devin.

I just had lunch with Reese, and he told me that his last supervisor had asked "Was it your friend Devin, who had the computer problem?"

Apparently, Ms. Supervisor got me confused with her only Asian schoolboy. There is more than 20 years difference between us, so I can see how she got confused.

We had lunch at the new JBX, which is an upscale Jack in the Box complete with comfy pleather chairs in front of a slick modernized fireplace. The food is a little pricier than a regular store; however, they had better buns, and the patties were bigger. They also used aged cheddar and swiss. No American cheese here.

Jazz and alternative music played in the background and we sat there talking for over 2 hours. It didn't feel like we were in a Jack in the Box until one of the workers asked, "You're still here?" I guess there's no fine dining etiquette training in the new JBX employee manuals.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?