Friday, June 04, 2004

This town needs an enema. Is it too much to ask for a simple "please" or "thank you?" There is a lack of common courtesy in our society. And why do people take up the whole isle when they know you're trying to get by. People rarely say "excuse me" anymore.

I remember when a portable phone was only for the priviledged few, but now, anyone can get a phone; and those who do, believe the world revolves around them. I'll never forget the time I was standing in line at the DMV and I heard this woman behind me call some sound studio to book some recording time. When I turned around to look, she was the shape of a pear, with humongous hips squeezed into a pair of spandex shorts; long straight hair with bangs, and she wore glasses. She was trying to be Mariah Carey. This ugly image was seared into my mind and I think of it everytime I see someone on a cell phone, standing in line at the market, Target, or of all places, Jack in the Box.

And another thing that irritated me today, does anyone know how to use their blinkers? How am I suppose to know when someone is trying to make a turn. Maybe if they got off their cell phone and just drove, I wouldn't have to deal with this problem.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?