Tuesday, May 25, 2004

I spoke with an officer of the court today. It had been a while since I'd seen her. The first thing she did was congratulate me on my accomplishment. I explained what I did and what happened to me and she told me flat out,

"Parents get so angry when they are confronted with the God awful truth that their children are not the perfect little things they think they are; they are the first to point at others to blame. Little Joey hates to read, no matter how hard his teacher tries to get him to, and then the parents want to know why he's failing."

She has two children still in school and gets irritated when she attends PTA meetings. The parents argue with the teachers and administration over the littlest things. And the administration, she said, is so afraid of the parents.

I say "SPARE THE ROD AND SPOIL THE CHILD!"

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?